Monday, October 10, 2016

Say Less

This is just one of my clear my head blogs. No huge truth no nugget of wisdom. Just me typing because it’s Monday and I post a blog on Mondays. 
 So I guess I’ll just tell you all what i’m thinking and call it a night.  I’ve been trying to write this since about 7:30 it’s now 12:08.  I know I’m not going to be able to sleep when I finally do go to bed unless I’m just so tired my brain shuts off.  

So here goes this is my big take away from today.....

You can talk too much, but you can never talk to little.

I need to work on that.  I talk a lot.  I try to defend my point and it doesn't really matter.  The majority of things that come up in life are stupid battles that won’t matter in a weeks time. 

Whether its the upcoming election.
Most of us already know who it is we are going to vote for so running one candidate down doesn’t do anything but get you into pointless arguments that won’t matter in less than a month. Just pick one and vote. 
Voting booths are private for a reason.

Or if its just doing what you have to do because your told to do it.  Just accept it and move on.

I’m in Col Steve’s leadership class right now and a quote from the book we are reading  seems to fit.  The author John Maxwell writes  “You cannot overestimate the unimportance of practically everything.”

I don’t think he's saying that nothing really matters but rather we place a lot of emphasis most the time on things that won’t even be a thought in our head this time next month

So next time you find yourself in a situation, whether you believe you are right or not ask yourself if it will matter in a week and if the answer is no, then say less.
If it doesn't pass over then you haven't said anything that you regret and if it does pass then you don't look ridiculous for making a mountain out of a molehill. Just say less.

It’s just a better way of putting the old saying don’t sweat the small stuff.

I’ve sweat enough for one day.

Good night and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment