Monday, April 11, 2016

A Dead Horse

Here we are again. It’s Monday night, I’m writing a quick blog and all I can think of is service and what it has done for me.  Service keeps me focused on Jesus.  Where the idle soon have their fire put out the serving continually stoke theirs by doing for others.  

Sunday morning Pastor Kelly spoke some on service and giving of yourself to others.  Everyone wants to be part of something bigger.  Everyone wants to feel like they make a difference. So why do so many of us just do for ourselves?  

I’ve said it before and I am here to say it again. Service is where it is at!  If you want a deeper relationship with God then serve. Maybe you want to feel better connected to people. All you have to do is serve. Low self esteem? Perhaps you just don’t feel like you make a difference. Try serving.  Want your voice heard? Get involved serving.  

God changed my life and I serve to make Him happy. I was saved to serve. You were saved to serve. End of story. 

If God changed your life, if you call Him Lord then find a place to serve.  Each of us have a particular set of skills unique to us. 
1 Peter 4:10 in the New International Version says this “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms.”

It doesn’t have to be at LifePoint. there are plenty of places to give of yourself here in town. Crosslines, the free store, the sound house, L-Life and the Red Cross are just a few places you can give a few hours and make a difference in someone else's life.

For those of you that attend LifePoint I’ll make it even easier.  There is a place for you to sign up right here and pick an area you are interested in serving.

Thank you for reading...... now get to work.

Alan





1 comment:

  1. We get to serve man! I love that God chose us to be a part of building His Kingdom! It is an honor to humble you to your core!

    ReplyDelete