Monday, March 7, 2016

Five More Minutes

I was reading an article this afternoon and it said that not everyone remembers their dreams.  There are tons of people out there that never remember anything they dream.  I can’t imagine that.  Sounds like it would be pretty restful.

So that got me thinking about dreaming.  I have had some great dreams.  The thing about dreams is they are inherently selfish.  You are always the star of your dreams.  Good or bad things are happening to you.  You just got a raise. You just got a promotion. You are Batman, wait is that just me?

Dreams are incredible and sometimes scary. I’ve died in dreams, which i didn’t realize was possible.  I’ve been chased by monsters and villains. Stalked by psychopaths.  I always wake up though.  The dreams fade like the morning fog.

Have you ever woke up from a dream and desperately tried to get back into it?  I have. I’ve had such wonderful dreams that I was actually mad I woke up.  I didn’t want to lose that perfect place and time.  Even though that stuff was not real  I wanted to cling to it.

When I was lost It was the same way.  I knew what I was doing wasn’t real it wasn’t eternal. Still I refused to wake up.  I wanted that safe place. The warm spot in my bed more than I wanted the reality that was waiting for me.

Waking up isn’t easy. It means stepping outside of your comfort zone.  It means a cold floor on your feet sometimes. However there are things to do and people that are counting on you.  You can’t stay in bed forever. 

It’s your choice but eventually everyone wakes and is faced with getting up or hitting snooze. God isn’t going to force you out of bed. One day the alarm will be silent and it will be too late. Don’t oversleep, don’t miss your opportunity for a beautiful new day.

I’m grateful He woke me up.


I’m wide awake now and it feels more real than any dream ever could. 

Thanks for reading
Alan 

No comments:

Post a Comment