Monday, March 14, 2016

Axe Grinding

I’ve been trying to type this blog for hours. I just want to go spend time with the family and read some comics. I couldn't though. I had something to say and you were going to hear it. 

I’ll tell you the truth, every draft of this blog has been a real barnburner.  As I sat down to write this evening I was filled with anger and hurt. I was going to tell it how it is.  I was righteously indignant. 
Draft after draft I wrote and refined and made more pointed than the last.   I was ready to unleash.  This would be my masterwork in calling someone out on their nonsense. Prepare for gut wrenching conviction! 

Then a verse popped into my head.  A verse I didn’t put there.  Something I wanted to ignore. 
A verse I had to look up because I had no idea where in the bible it hid.

“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”
Psalms 46:10.

Well crud.  Thats not what I wanted.  I wanted to defend God and ministry. I wanted to do what I wanted to do. 

That is all we need sometimes. When we are hurt, angry, disappointed or depressed. Just to sit and know that God is God. 
Justice isn’t something to use to make us feel good, its what makes Him…… well……, Him.  

So here I sit. No public axe left to grind, in a pile of my own filing’s 

I think I’m going to go be still for a while.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment