Monday, February 15, 2016

What Keeps Me?

I got to sit in and listen recently to some great people from church have real honest dialogue about LifePoint.

I was thrilled, honored and challenged by what I heard.

as the evening passed the man in charge of the focus group, Mr Duane Deskins asked a couple  questions.

Well, he asked several but 2 stuck out.

The first was “What brought you to LifePoint?”

This is a question I have answered several times.  If you are unaware you can check out my story here..

The second question, “What keeps you here?” That was the question I had never asked myself or been asked.  This stymied me for a few minutes.  As time passed and I heard people’s reasons I couldn’t find the words to explain why I’m still here.  It’s been almost 5 years since I fist started.  However begrudgingly it was at the beginning. 

Why do I stay?

Because there is work to do.  That what kept sliding around in my mind.
Matthew 9:37 The harvest is plenty but the workers are few.

Not the art work that originally hooked me. Although that is plentiful as well.  It’s the Kingdom work.  

I’ve seen people come, burn bright then burn out.  I’ve seen people come and do the work just for the reward.  I’ve been guilty of pride in what I perceive was my part in Gods work.

I’m still here though because there is work to do and I know LifePoint will do it.  I know here I will get the equipment I need to pull my weight and to move the vision forward.

The spiritual calories I need to keep going when its’ rough and not always fun. When there are other things I’d rather do.

I’m here because there is work to do and I want to do what I can to make God happy.

I want to be a good and faithful servant.

Why are you here?  If you want to work find me and I’ll help you “clock in”

Thanks for Reading


Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment