Monday, February 22, 2016

When Did Jesus Become Real?

Real. When did Jesus become real to you? This was a question posed in a book Im reading this week. The book is called the End of Me and it was written by Klye Idleman  It really got me thinking and I wanted to talk to you all about it.

So for me, as I’ve shared before Jesus became real when he answered a prayer said alone in the dark with no real expectation.  It wasn’t at a rock bottom moment. 
It was at a time of genuine confusion and introspection. It was a pleading from my soul to have the experience I had seen in others.  Psalms 37: 4 says Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
I had asked God for things before, even to help me change but I was still holding something back. 
I think a lot of it was the fact that I was praying for God to help “me” change. God doesn’t need my help and that night He knew the desire of my heart was to be changed.
The day after I prayed that prayer I woke up feeling normal. I went to the conference, got some coffee and filed into the auditorium.  As the lights went down and the music came up Jesus became real to me. I remember the moment like it was yesterday.
  
So I want to know, when did Jesus become real to you?

I want your stories. I want your responses. You can comment here, you can email me personally at alanwaynemyers@gmail.com or Facebook message me. 

I’d like to post some of your responses next Monday.

Thanks for reading


Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment