Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Table is Set


A few years ago a friend invited me to LifePoint. I wasn’t looking for a church. In fact I was actively seeking to avoid one.   I didn’t go and a few months later he asked again.  Knew Linda wanted me in church with her and the kids so we tried it out.

I did’t want to be there but my friend was happy to see me and introduced me to others at the church.  Those others continued to try and get me involved.  They asked me to do a bunch of stuff.  They wanted me to feel like a part of the place and  I fought it for a while. Still they kept asking me, involving me in things and talking to me.

Eventually I had a life changing God experience and I have never been the same.

They never left me alone, they never gave up on me, they were persistent and it worked. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of those fellas and what they did for me. 

I said all that to say this.  Back to Church Sunday is coming and there is no easier time to start inviting someone that is missing what you have.

Who are you pursuing?  Don’t give up. Keep inviting them. Be patient, be loving but be persistent. This blog would not be here if someone wasn’t persistent with me. The table is set who will be at the dinner because of you?

thanks for reading


Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment