Friday, June 13, 2014

A Few Thoughts Before I Leave

It’s roughly 9 hours before we leave for a week to work in New Mexico on an Navajo reservation.  I’m excited. I’m nervous. I’m already missing my family. I’m already missing my church. This will be the 3rd Sunday in a row that I’m not trying to teach in the Cave. 

I don’t know how much sleep I will get tonight. The adrenaline from the trip will probably keep me going tomorrow until we hit the Hotel in down town Albuquerque.  I’m looking forward to seeing my friends the Trujillo’s.  I’m looking forward to taking the teens to Sagebrush Community Church where Jeff and Kara attend now.  It’s a huge multi campus church and its going to be an experience for the teens.

It’s been a long road to tonight. From God giving me the vision of the trip. Thru the planning, the phone calls the reservations and the fundraisers but we take off tomorrow morning.  

The last year working with the teens under Ethan and Bethany has been amazing. We have a great team in those two and they have fostered a pretty great group of teens and of leaders.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t say thank you to those who made this possible. We wouldn’t be going if it wasn't for those who donated money, time and baked goods to the cause for us to have our first mission trip for the youth.
So thank you. I was raised in church my whole life. Thats 36 years of being involved and around Christians. I can honestly say that Lifepoint has been the only place I’ve ever been that feels like a family. The sense of community is beyond what I thought was possible with a body of believers.
I count myself as nothing without that body, and its for that reason that I thank you and my family thanks you.

That’s all for tonight i have packing to do. No biblical revelations tonight folks. God and I have been spending a lot of time recently talking to each other and I’m positive he has some great things in store for the team and teens this week.  He just hasn’t told me what they are yet.  
We are gonna take plenty of pictures and we will have a lot to share with you.

I love you Lifepointers and I’ll see you in a week.

Lin if you are reading this I think your the best thing in the world and I’ll be back soon.

at your service


Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment