Monday, April 7, 2014

Thirty Day Challenge Day One

Last month I got to meet a fella by the name of Luke Roussin.  He has a calling and that calling is this. God wants him to tell 1 person about God every day for 1 year. Hence the name of his ministry the Three Six Five Project. The website for which you can find here.  Also please follow him on Facebook by liking his page here.
Last night Luke came and spoke at Lifepoint about his project and again it was an amazing thing to listen to.
At the end of the service we were challenged to try it for 30 days. I personally decided I would do it and I challenged our youth to do it as well.
We each got a tiny journal to write about the challenge daily.

So for the next 30 days I will make a short post here in hopes to encourage you to try this as well.  I will try to keep these short after this one. Too long for Facebook though so I will just send a link out after i have written.

My hope is specifically that the Youth that were there last night will see that its not easy even for an adult but I'm still going to do it. God willing that will help you see you are not alone.

 So Dalena, Ely, Emily, Mady, Tharron, Miki, Becca, Ryleigh and Isabella, lets get this done.

Don't let missing a day discourage you either. There is always Tomorrow.

as for me.......

Day One:

I went to bed last night stoked to begin this challenge and woke this morning feeling completely opposite.
I did not want to do it. I did not know how I was going to do it. I didn't want to look like an idiot or a "Bible thump"
Still I knew I had to do it because I don't want to chicken out.
I tried at first to figure a way out. Perhaps if I told someone I already know loves Jesus about Jesus maybe that would do it. Not sure how Luke would feel about that but I was thinking that was maybe the way to go.  Felt terrible about that and knew one of you may call me on it so I decided against it.

I got around and was super nervous as I went to the gas station like I do every morning before work. I felt a little nudge to talk to the cashier about Christ. The plan was to say "hey Donna, you know Jesus loves you?, hes done a ton for for me and I know he would do the same for you".

What I got out was "Donna, where do you go to church?"  "Oh, well I Love my church and I wanted you to visit, I didn't know you had a home church"  Then I bailed. I talked about the delicious treat I was picking up and left.
Then I sat in my truck and tried to figure out if that counts. I eventually decided to my chagrin that it didn't.
So after work I went to Arby's and told the lady at the drive thru Jesus loves her and then basically peeled out.
I don't know if she understood me, if I talked too fast or if she was distracted by the sharp bark of my tires that came a fraction of a second after the word "You".

I think she did but still I'm counting that one. Praying I'll get better at this as the challenge wears on.

No comments:

Post a Comment