Wednesday, May 29, 2013

New Website

I just finished building a new website for myself alanwaynemyers.com . I did it for 2 reasons, first and foremost it was because I wanted to learn how to use Adobe Muse. Since I am paying a monthly fee for Adobe programs I figure its a better value if I use as many as I can.
My previous site was built with Rapid Weaver. Which is a pretty phenomenal program. It's a little more time consuming than Muse but the store and other plug ins made it worth it.
At some point I'm going to link my old site kidicthus.com to my new site I just had too much going on today to get to it.
I also updated the look of my blog to match more closely the simple feel of my new sure.

I wanted AlanMyers.com but some guy already owns that. I went to check him out and he hadn't updated his site since January. I just went back a few minutes ago and saw he updated it today. It's just a blog mainly, I think the guy is a photographer. He doesn't care too much about his site because if you click on the "about" tab. You are treated to the default
 "This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from."
So I ended up using my middle name.

I now own 2 domain names.

It's getting popular for artists to set up wix sites. I don't like that, I don't consider them actual websites. They are glorified blogs at best.
Feel free to say you have a blog or a web presence but not a website.
If you didn't buy the domain you don't have a site.
That's like saying your Deviant Art page is your website or your Big Cartel store.

Maybe I'm a snob, not that my website is spectacular. Ill play with it off and on for a bit tweaking things. I use this blog more than anything as far as web presence goes.

So check out the site let me know what you think. Ill be leaving the old site up for a few more days. Mainly cuz I don't know how to link it yet to mt new site.

Thanks for reading
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment