Thursday, April 18, 2013

I know, I know

I said I'd start posting more art. Unfortunately the art I have been doing lately is all lack luster and pretty straight forward type setting so I hate to brag on it.

I received (Praise God) about 30 assignments today which means i am looking at a busy next couple weeks.

Im starting to have some issues with my work ethic here at the house that concerns me.
Seems like I put work off til the last minute.  For instance the jobs I got today are not due til next month so I'm having trouble getting started.
Not to mention they are wildlife designs which are far from my favorite.  I'm more tech, hotrods and machinery, the occasional pin up.

My motivation just seems to kinda be lax these days.

What Ineed to do is set a schedule like a regular job. Up and at my desk at a certain time then quit at a certain time. Which is far from what I do now.
I get up around 10ish, I check my daily websites and email, usually from bed. Then I mill around for a bit. Go see my friend at the surplus in town right down the street.
Then there are usually errands to run.
Finish all that around 2 and then sit down to work.

Check all my websites again.

Work until supper, take a small break to eat as a family then work until the "nighttime show" which is when we spend another 30 or so minutes together as a family and watch a cartoon usually.

Then Lin runs on the treadmill and I work some more.  Finish around 11 and watch TV til 1ish.

My ideal day, which I think about constantly but can't seem to activate would be up at 9, Breakfast Bible and prayer, then treadmill, shower and at work by 10:30. Emails and nonsense til 11 and work thru until 5. Dinner with family and then family time.

I tell myself at least once a week that I am going to start that and then it passes by again.

Anyone have any ideas on motivating me and getting my productivity back to snuff?

Thanks
Alan

  

1 comment:

  1. Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Alan, did you start yet? Does this help?

    ReplyDelete