Friday, March 29, 2013

Family & Friends.

It's been a long time, if ever since I considered myself having a church family.

God has really pulled me out of the muck & I don't think I could ever go back.

It all started at the C3 Conference in Dallas last Feb. I made the active commitment to Rededicated. Then I took steps to really get involved in the church.
I consider now that Feb 14th is kinda my new birthday. I'm gonna try & go back to C3 next year to celebrate my anniversary God willing.
Another thing that I learned is that not only am I Rededicated to a Christian life but I'm dedicated to my church & it's leadership.
I'd never looked at it that way before & it was easy for me to get hurt & leave a church or just hit & miss if I attended. Now I'm committed to the body where I am.
As long as my pastor(s) follow God I will follow them & my family will follow me.
A huge thanks to Kelly, Graham & Nathan for not letting me slip away & making me feel like I was wanted even when I didn't necessarily want to be.

I'm learning to let go of hurts and hard feelings. Holding grudges and such too.

It's about commitment. Not about feelings. Those come with the commitment though, I'm finding out.

Since I've started greeting people & spending more time at the church I've discovered I like people again.
I've been such a hermit for the last 4 or 5 years for reasons maybe ill go into some other time.

Then when JB & O moved I really became just a home body.

Anyway I find myself genuinely interested in the people I attend church with. I really care about them & that may sound normal to you gentle reader but its pretty new to me.

I look forward to Sundays. I look forward to Wednesdays. I look forward to functions & chances to serve & I look forward to getting to know more of these very interesting very friendly brothers & sisters. I'm a new man.

I think that's enough for tonight. Just needed to write & it was too much for twitter.
Thanks for reading.

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment