Monday, February 4, 2013

Remember These


I was listening to a podcast today and the host mentioned how much he enjoyed movie novelizations when he was a kid.

I hadn't thought about these wonderful things in years.  I used to read them too as a kid.  Shoot I even read a few as an adult because they normally come out before the movie and can give you a good idea of how the film is going to go.

Especially back in the late 80's early 90's.  I don't know if the authors had a different process back then but the books were exactly like the movie and sometimes better.

The Star Wars books were ridiculously detailed and just amazing.

More current adaptations are based on early scripts so they can be quite a bit different than the movie.
Spiderman for instance I remember being vastly different from the movie which pretty much ended my reading of "movie books" as I called them when I was younger.

I got started when my sister got a copy of The Karate Kid novelization. I read that when the second film came out and she got that book too.
It's crazy to think back to when I was 8 and I was reading the Karate Kid.

So that started my love of reading.

Now I listen to more books than I actually read but thinking about novelizations really took me back this afternoon.

I found the covers on google to some of the movie books I read as a youth.

Enjoy, and thanks for reading.















No comments:

Post a Comment