Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Whattya Think?

I do graphic art from my home, you can find some of it here and some at my website www.KidIcthus.com

Here is my current situation. Say a client calls and wants a 6 designs.  Normally I do the designs submit them for approval and wait to send an invoice.

The issue is that occasionally the client doesn't want the designs or take so long to decide that I go without getting paid for long periods.

So my dilema is this...

If a client orders 6 designs is it appropriate for me to send the invoice with the art?  I did the work, so part of me feels I have the right to get paid for my time.  I charge a absurdly low rate on my art.  For example


  I charged $50 for the piece below.

and $30 for this one....

I want to be fair to the client but also i'd like to know if I put in the time and like with my last assignment have to turn down work in order to meet a deadline that I will get paid.

What are your thoughts? 


1 comment:

  1. You did the work, you have the right to be paid. Clients should know that if they order art, they will have to fulfill that order. So send your invoice. The longer you wait, the longer it will take for you to get paid. Work is work.

    ReplyDelete