Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dream Job! (?)

I have the dream job I wished for as a kid. Except in the dream it paid better.

I draw for a living. I draw a lot.

I start my day later than most. Usually a solid start by noon.  Then I work at a desk in my office until usually 9-10 at night.  Sometimes later and very seldom earlier.

I run an average 65 hours a week.

I love doing art for a living but I miss a lot.

I don't get to hang out with my family like a lot of people do.  I eat dinner with them and try to watch a 30 minute "night time" show with them of an evening.

I miss them a lot.  Sometimes I wonder if a regular job wouldn't just be easier and better for the family.  I'd make the same amount roughly but at least I'd know when  it was coming in. As it stands I can go weeks without getting paid.  Or paid in such small increments at a time that its hard to make ends meet.

I have a ridiculously supportive wife. She encourages me to focus on art and to make this work. She is my biggest fan and there is no way I would be able to do this without her.


I do most days, think this is the best job ever but once in a while, days like today I feel low when I hear the kids playing but I can't join them because of deadlines.
I don't sketch as much either cuz drawing when I don't have to doesn't quite relax me like it used to.

Anyway, thanks for reading




No comments:

Post a Comment