Thursday, September 13, 2012

SketchCards or Artists are a Cowardly Lot

Likenesses are not "ok".

That's it that's the big secret that my friends knew but didn't tell me.

People I considered friends, people who have done sketch cards for the very companies that have told me this didn't bother to let me know.

They watched for weeks as I drew and laid out my "sample packet" of sketch cards and knew that I was providing exactly what would lose me the gig and said nothing.

This is either due to the fact that they didn't want me as competition or they just don't care a lick about me.

3 weeks I spent doing my personal sketch cards and posting them for approval on my twitter and blog and no one said boo about it.

So I'm telling you if you are reading this.  If you are going to submit yourself for a set do not do likenesses.  According to my handler at a major company and my rejection letter from another Likenesses are not ok.

Even if you get on a set for a movie or TV show you can't use the actors likeness and they will be rejected immediately.

Praise God I got a hold of someone at the company and pleaded my case.  Then sent  non likeness cards and got the job.

Just thought someone out there might want to know.

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment