Wednesday, August 29, 2012

INSULAR

I'm beginning to come to grips with the fact that I have to be a self contained artist.

I get oddly anxious and paranoid when I see art from people other local artists.  I get nervous that a client will like their work more than mine or that they might take a client away from me.   Even though I think there is only 1 other artist in town that works with the same client I do and I don't think he would do that to me.

There is a handful of artists here in my town that were all basically trained by the same guy or by people that were trained by that guy.

None of us really trust the others.  We get along if need be and I genuinely like one of them but I just can't let my guard down.

It's nerve wracking.  My best and only way to stay above it is to never see the other artists work.  I instantly hate my work and get paranoid that I am going to lose work because of it.

By the way these are the ramblings of a half awake clinically diagnosed OCD sufferer.  Who spent his night watching a terrifying show about germs and parasites and now can't sleep. Or even lay down in his bed.

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment