Friday, February 25, 2011

Sketches

Friends and artists. I wanna make a trade.

Sketch for sketch. You send me a sketch card or just a regular sketch preferably around baseball card size 2.5" x 3.5 (sketch card, scrap paper, the back of some random business card anything will do) and i'll send you one back.

Not only will you get a sketch from me but you will receive the info of someone else who participated. Then you send them a sketch and we keep it going.

Sketch cards originally started out as makeshift business cards. Artists would make a sketch and write their pertinent info on the back. Made it less likely to be thrown away or lost cuz it was also a one of a kind piece of art.

So here is the deal. You can contact me via twitter, email or facebook or you can just send a sketch. If i receive one from you, you will get one from me plus the info of who to send your next sketch to. If you want a specific character or subject just let me know or slip a note in with the one you send. Remember, its called a sketch. You don't have to spend a lot of time on it. You don't have to color it, unless you want.

My address is

Alan Myers
389 N Masidon
Lebanon, Mo 65536

I have high hopes that you will participate, no hard feelings if you don't. So many of you are artists I admire.

Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan,

    I love the idea! I will be sending you a card in the next few weeks.

    Rob Jelinski

    ReplyDelete