Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Weird but Good

For some reason I got up early today. The kids woke me up around 6:30 then I just couldn't get back to sleep.
I had downloaded a movie that I'd been wanting to see for months. Thought I'd just start it kinda browse it then go back to sleep. Turned out however that it was so good I couldn't stop watching and I just stayed up.
It's a documentary called Exit Through the Gift Shop. It's about street art and it was wicked inspiring.
So it ended a little after 8 and then some guy knocked on our door and gave me a letter telling me my landlord was no longer my landlord. From now on according to the letter I pay my rent to the bank.
This I find weird for several reasons, chief among those is the fact that my landlord charges me more than his payment.
For instance his payment for the house is $300 and I pay him $450. Why would I pay the bank that amount. Shouldn't I just make his payments for a few months until the property has a new owner?
It's just a weird situation but it's fine.

Around 10 I posted some art on Emptees. Posted 3 designs and all 3 got booted off. Within the first 2 hours they were up.
Luckily someone saw one of them and even though the site dropped it made an offer.
It's pretty great. I know I get openly mocked on that site but it's been quite a boon to my sales.

Later I got a call from NY and my client there had some notes on a few of the designs I made for them as well as a couple new jobs completely

Spent the rest of my afternoon/evening working on designs and playing with my kids.

It was a pretty good day

Thanks for reading.
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment