Monday, June 28, 2010

Cellular Limbo

I am an AT&T client and the reason I've stayed with them for as long as I have is because of the iPhone. That little item has revolutionized my life.
It helps me stay organized with its Calendar, and Apps like ToDo, Hours Tracker, and Note Life.
Hours Tracker is particularly indispensable to me these days cuz it not only keeps track of my hours but also invoices for me.
It keeps me connected to friends and family with texts and of course the phone feature.
It is a mini portfolio, to showcase my art.
Thanks to my iPhone, I have had a chance to actually have conversations with people I admire, like Kevin Smith and Todd McFarlane.
I made new friends, insanely talented people whom I never would have been able to form an actual friendship with.
People who encourage and push me in my art. People who give me advice when I hit a wall artistically or in life in general.
The camera is so nice that its gotten me to take more pictures. Family, friends, and just random weirdness like "tiny lady" or "Brake Smash". Because of my iPhone I captured great pics and video of Stryper and MeWithoutYou.
Lets not forget entertainment. From videos to movies, tv shows, music audiobooks and the 121 apps I have in my iTunes Library.

I have had an iPhone since Generation 1. I was told by the local AT&T that I was 1 of only 3 people in town to have one for quite a while.
I have had breaks at times. Money has gotten tight and I've had to sell it and rebuy one later. I've ever so briefly switched carriers only to find myself lost and drawn back to the AT&T and my beloved iPhone

Now I am at the beginning of around a 2-3 week dry spell. Apple started presales of iPhone 4 on the 15th of June and by the 16th they were out of stock.
I finally got one ordered on the 17th but I had to order it thru Apple instead of AT&T. The only way I could afford it was to sell my current iPhone 3Gs.
So thats what I did. It took 3 listings on eBay to finally sell it but sell it I did. So this morning I shipped it off to Ontario Canada to its new proud owner.

My new iPhone 4 is scheduled to ship on July 14th with an expected Delivery date of July 15-20th.

So in the mean time I am using my sisters old Moto V235. This particular phone has zero bells and whistles and I seriously doubt that I use it much. I figure I'll just leave it in the truck in case of an emergency. Its not the kind of phone I can really do anything with other than talk. Not that that isn't an miricle of science that I am in awe of cuz it is. I mean here is a little box that I can contact anyone anywhere and i can carry it in my pocket everywhere I go.
So it is amazing, but it is jus UnderWhelming after using the iphone since 2007.

So im excited to get my new phone but the surprising thing is besides missing the iphone for the things it does for me I'm finding myself really enjoying the fact that no one knows I have my sisters phone so no one calls. Of course my Mom, Sister, Wife, Jaybles and Sweet T knows but no one at work has a clue. So there isn't any chance that they will call me in early or on a day off and that is great. I guess thats the bright side of it.

Anyway, i'm sad and anxious all at once because I went from this.....


To





No comments:

Post a Comment