Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dear Heavenly Father

So here I am at 10:30 central time on the last day of 2009.

Looking back at the last year seems like a really bad idea, but here goes.

This was the year that I lost a house, I lost a job and had my very first lawsuit filed against me.
In 2009 I tried freelance art for the first real time and got taken to the cleaners by 2 companies. One of which is a Christian t-shirt company.
In 09 I reached the lowest financially that I can imagine. I've sold my entire DVD collection, over 500 discs. I sold my Batman collection and anything else I could part with.
I've developed a skin condition that I can't afford the salve for.
I've basically failed at everything over the last year it has been without a doubt the worst year of my life and the biggest struggle for my marriage but I'm still here, we are still here. 2009 is down for the count and I'm still standing, well leaning, but still here.

On the other hand I have come closer to discovering just how amazing Linda and our kids are.
2009 brought me new friends both virtual (especially E.M.) and physical which I am thankful for. I learned and am learning to do without some of the peripheries that I am used to. Not always loving it but learning to cope.

In 2010, I hope to get paid for some freelance work. I hope to move up at Blockbuster into some form of full time position if art doesn't take off. I want to create more and spend more time with Lin. I desperately want to get to know you better in 2010. I want to talk to you and hear you talk to me.
2010 has so many possibilities and I pray that I can realize at least a few of them.
Even though it was crappy thank you God for 2009 and the lessons learned but please Lord take 2010 and make it great.

In Jesus name
Amen


1 comment:

  1. Wow!
    Sounds like you hit a bit of a wall there!
    God bless you this year and I pray you find grace and favour in abundance.

    ReplyDelete