Friday, October 9, 2009

iPhone Rant

Ok, I went to Best Buy Monday before last and they had iPhone 3g s in stock. I wanted one but I did have an iphone 3g and I loved it so I couldn't bring myself to buy it.
The following Sunday (July 5th) was my birthday and I decided that I would try and sell my iPhone on E-bay and buy the 3G s.
I put mine on a 1 day auction and immediately started getting bids. I was pretty stoked so I went to Springfield 54 miles away, walked into Best Buy to find out they were out.
I tried every local outlet I could but there were none to be had. I was looking for the 32gig White iPhone and apparently its the popular one.
So I ordered it from Apple. I paid a little extra for 2 day shipping just to find out on the second to last page of my order that it may not ship for 5-7 business days. 5-7? Really? Apple is a massive company and they cant get a product out for 5-7 days.
Well since my phone was on a 1 day auction I had to mail it off last Monday. I borrowed an old flip phone from my sister Carrie but i'm going crazy not having an iPhone.
I know I risk coming off sounding spoiled but I bought one a long time ago when they first came out and I had a really good job and now I am hooked.
That thing runs my life. the calendar is amazing and syncs wirelessly with my laptop. The phone is amazing and coverage in my area is top shelf. I have a Bible app which is stunning. There are all my social contacts, Twitter, Facebook, Myspace and others.All my e-mail accounts in one place. Oh and as silly as it sounds there is the notebook app. that thing is indispensable. Finally there is the iPod function. I listen to audiobooks almost exclusively and that thing can hold tons and I only had the 16gig before.
So now here I am sitting at my Mac at 12:33 am thinking how sad it is that I probably won't have it til Wed or Thurs. I just can't wrap my mind around it taking that long for something that vital.
Soon though I will be reunited with my phone and together we will be happy forever..........or until the next generation is released.
Curse you Apple!

1 comment:

  1. I know it's only a matter of time before I get an iPhone... I've been wanting one for over a year now!

    ReplyDelete